- You continue to own the copyrights of the content you submit to HowTrick. That said, by posting your content onHowTrick you give us multiple rights to use and change it (see “User Content License Grants” below for details).
- Our editor community (as opposed to the lawyers who wrote the terms of service below) have developed many policies about what we want and don’t want on HowTrick. You can read details about the writing we do want at our Writer’s Guide and what we don’t want at our Deletion Policy.
- We license all User Content text on HowTrick under a Creative Commons license. Read more here. If you want to republish HowTrick content under the terms of this license please follow our attribution guidelines.
- We release most of our software under an Open Source license. You can learn more and get a copy of the code here.
- Our goal is to build the world’s most helpful how-to instructions, but we don’t always meet that goal. Occasionally our articles are incomplete, unhelpful, misleading or incorrect, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of anything you find on HowTrick. You should use your best judgment and consult multiple sources when following any instructions you read anywhere on the internet, including HowTrick.
- If you would like to have your HowTrick account and all personal data deleted from our site, we will he happy to do so. Just email email@example.com with the subject line “Account deletion request” and provide your HowTrick user name.